• Bitte schaltet eure Ad Blocker aus. SLinfo kann nur betrieben werden, wenn es durch Werbung Einnahmen erzielt. Vielen Dank!!
  • Wir freuen uns, wenn du dich in unserem Forum anmeldest. Bitte beachte, dass die Freigabe per Hand durchgeführt wird (Schutz vor Spammer). Damit kann die Freigabe bis zu 24 Stunden dauern.
  • Wir verwenden Cookies, um Inhalte und Anzeigen zu personalisieren, Funktionen für soziale Medien anbieten zu können und die Zugriffe auf unsere Website zu analysieren. Sie geben Einwilligung zu unseren Cookies, wenn Sie unsere Webseite weiterhin nutzen.

Innsmouth - eine düstere, neblige New England Stadt

Kila Shan

Moderatorin
Teammitglied
Innsmouth is a dark, foggy 1930s New England coastal town. The buildings are crumbling or derelict and residents are few, but if you listen carefully, you can hear... things.

I fell in love with Innsmouth when I first visited it. I loved the incessant rain, the abandoned structures, the giant sea monster looming by the coast. It's a place that warrants exploration and is extremely photogenic, so I chatted to its creator, Darmin Darkes, who not only designed the sim, but has just recently bought it from its owner.
"Well, I love dark, grungy, rusty places. I wanted to create an abandoned, antique town full of atmosphere, melancholy, and dark potential. Plus, it's an era I've not seen overdone in SL and it was attractive in that way too."
Innsmouth is deeply influenced by American writer H.P. Lovecraft, who was active in the 1920s and 1930s.
"He's notorious for his murky prose," say Darmin, "but his strengths were in creating the underlying mood of impending doom and the deeply constructed mythos that is all part of his stories. He created an entire pre-history of our planet and the stars with his race of elder gods and their influences upon us. The sim loosely echoes the the situation of the story The Shadow Over Innsmouth with a few references to The Colour Out of Space and other bits of Lovecraftian mood."

Innsmouth grew organically. With her partner, BaileyMarie Princess, Darmin sculpted the landscape, plotted the sewers, then the town continued to grow.
"The client, Joyous Parkin, had a few requirements other than the agreed-upon Innsmouth theme. The Opera House was her idea, and she pushed many parts of the build with a thought or phrase or suggestion thrown into our discussions. Most of the textures were all researched and adapted for this build; the shadowy, mottled look is on everything. I guess the biggest hurdle was knowing when to stop building! Give us a million prims and we'd use them all!"
Darmin has been a resident in Second Life since early 2006. Once she learned to build, she was hooked on the creative potential and got obsessed with all the details that make a viewer go "wow". A fan of detailed builds and avatars, Darmin cites World War II sim 1942 and Chakryn Forest among her favorites. A professional designer in real life, she lives in the southern United States.

So what should visitors expect from a visit to Innsmouth?
"I would love people to land, tweak their WindLight settings, get out an umbrella, and walk slowly through the town," says Darmin. "I'd want them to take away an appreciation of the sim of course, and what's possible with building in Second Life, but maybe with a touch of melancholy."
And it's that melancholic edge that makes Innsmouth so interesting. It's dark yet beautiful, and Darmin definitely encourages Residents to snap some photos while they're visiting.
"I've just purchased Innsmouth, so it will stay as it is until I think of something to tweak and improve. I hope it lasts forever! I like that it's so low key… no club or shopping to detract from the atmosphere… but that may have to change. I get so many positive comments from visitors and it pleases me to be able to make something they appreciate so deeply. When you see something you love about SL, you should always try and thank someone."

Well, thank you, Darmin for creating such an incredible region! Innsmouth is definitely worth everyone's time and attention.
Darmin thanks Joyous Parkin who started the sim and said, "Hey, would you be interested in building a Lovecraft-themed sim?" Darmin also offers a million thanks to BaileyMarie Princess who gives her a million things in a million ways.
Looking for more cool places to explore? Check out our Destination Guide or submit your own!

Wirklich eine sehr stimmungsvolle, perfekt gestaltete Sim, insbesondere durch die Hintergrundgeschichte: Innsmouth Wikipedia, Innsmouth/Cthulhu-Mythos Wikipedia.
Da läuft es einem schon kalt den Rücken herunter wenn man durch diese Stadt geht. Perfekt umgesetzt.

Übrigens; auch die Nachbarsims in dem Simverbund sind einen Besuch wert. Deviant z.b. mit seiner verlassenen Irrenanstalt oder Abbey Island.

Innsmouth Ist echt ne Reise wert, klasse Sim - war die Tage auch da *ggg* mehrmals sogar...

Danke Marty für die Info - muss ich mir demnach auch noch angucken :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Zurück
Oben Unten